Utah On Premise LawsUtah has various laws regulating the legal age an individual needs to be to consume, sell, or serve alcoholic beverages and other regulations regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages. Within Utah, the legal age to consume alcoholic beverages is 21. There are also rules and regulations regarding what is required to become a bartender in Utah.
How old do I have to be to be a bartender in Utah?
Utah Regulations for Bartenders/Sellers/Servers:
Happy Hour Laws: Yes
Dramshop/Liquor Liability: Yes
Acceptable Forms of ID, types of ID that are currently valid and acceptable are as follows:
- An apparently valid Utah Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the Utah Department of Public Safety containing a physical description consistent with [subject's] appearance
- An operator's license (a valid driver's license from any state)
- Utah state identification cards
- Military identification with date of birth and photo
- Valid US or foreign passport.
Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
Telephone: (801) 977-6800